Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weekly Byte 12.9.08

Good day CFFers

Holiday Break is almost here! I can't wait to spend time with family and friends.

This week I have begun my walk-throughs of the Social Studies classrooms. I am learning alot about Sociology, Civics, History and International Studies. I am learning alot about our teachers' teaching styles and I have alot of ideas to help better engage students, extend the learning beyond the school day and allow students to work collaboratively. I will be putting together my suggestions for next week and help this department implement anything that they choose.

Visitors
Frank Ansell the Technology Coach from Yough High School will be visiting a few classrooms this Thursday to see our FR tech teachers in action. Kristin, Trap and Pam have graciously agreed to welcome him to their classes to share some ideas.

Resources
As always I have been updating the CFF Place Moodle page with resources, the blog is here, I am working on a training wiki to give teachers a place to find step by step instructions, and I will continue to do individual as well as small group trainings.
Today will be nettrekker training and when we come back the January trainings will be on Google.

Site of the week
My special CFF friend passed this one along to me. http://www.tizmos.com
This site allows you to quickly create a page that will create thumbnails of your most used websites. It will update them automatically and all you have to do is click and go to the site. Great tool!

Have a great week!
Coach Roger

No comments: