Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weekly Byte 2.7.10

Snow, snow, snow. I am sure that your weekends were spent shoveling, like mine was. The school cancellations will give you some time to catch up on school work and maybe check out this blog for some new resources or ideas, lol.

Great article about an Israeli Entrepreneur who has started a school with $60 million. Sounds like the ideal school to me. How can we get this replicated to US schools?

I have to comment about the value of Twitter. I just became a Twitter-user this year. What a difference it makes for my learning. I have learned more in 6 months of following tweets than I have in years! I follow a few educational technology bloggers and they provide me with tons of information. I highly recommend Twitter to any and all educators. You can follow people who tweet about any topic. If you are looking for Social Studies, Science, Math, English or anything in between it is a fantastic resource.
Here is a good starting point. Once you set up a Twitter account you can go to Twitter for Teachers to find people in your content area to follow.

Moodle training coming in early March. I have been given permission to offer Act 48 credit for the one hour session. Stay tuned for dates and times.

No comments: