Monday, May 24, 2010

How are you using technology?

I was talking with a teacher who is doing Socratic seminars in class. Students select a book that they read and then run a Socratic seminar with their class. Here are a few of the student comments in their Socratic, interesting what our students see...

"Teachers here think that just because they have us use a computer, they are using technology. It is so much more than that. It is using technology to develop real-world skills and solve problems that we might face in the future.”

"Yeah my teacher projects notes on the promethean board and thinks he uses technology. He isn’t. How about letting me get out of my seat and discover something on my own. Isn’t that teaching."

I just found this to be interesting commentary. thanks and have a great week!

No comments: